How To Choose The Best Golf Rangefinder 2018
There are several ways that amateur or professional golf players could make their games better, but the usage of a golf rangefinder is probably one of the most effective ones. This equipment may not provide you practical advice on how to boost your swing but the information you learn from this equipment could help you a lot.
Although this equipment has only been around for several years, it has made a significant effect on our games. It is this effect which leads to the development of different kinds of golf rangefinder and similar equipment. This useful golf rangefinder buying guide will emphasize the pros and cons of the five currently popular models of golf rangefinder in the market.
The rangefinder comes in many shapes and forms and so choosing one could never be an issue. However, the actual problem could be the most suitable and reliable one for you and your game.
The following five models are some of those golf rangefinder reviews which every golf player could depend on for precise and thorough measurements.
Top 5 Best Golf Rangefinder - Comparison Chart
Top 5 Best Golf Rangefinder Reviews 2017
The Bushnell Tour V4 laser rangefinder is the perfect replacement of the popular model Tour V3 with a faster distance display, quicker focus, and an extended range.
This product is 30 percent lighter and smaller than the Tour V3, which makes it fit in your hands or even a pocket perfectly. In addition, it is designed with a new Fast Focus system which allows the player to change the focus by using the same finger as firing the laser.
With Jolt technology in the PinSeeker, you would be able to get an amazing accuracy from the Bushnell Tour V4. In addition, the Slope edition makes it easier for a golf player to get compensated distance that is based on the decline or incline of the hole. Therefore, this V4 version is definitely a perfect choice if you want a small and effective laser rangefinder on the golf course.
- Excellent range.
- Fit in the hand perfectly.
- Stable to use.
- Slope edition.
- Unrivaled accuracy.
- The focus toggle is rather stiff.
The VPRO 500 brings everything closer thanks to the most advanced optics system and a 6-times magnification. Add this to the plus or minus one-accuracy and you have perfect equipment. The other factors that make it a top-notch higher are the multi-covered optics technology and intuitive operation mode.
The three functions (used to track the pin) are one of the decisive features that make this Tec Tec Tec model special and therefore worth purchasing. These modes include the “Priority of first target” that would concentrate on the flagstick in spite of any distractions in surrounding environment. The other ones are the “Priority of distance target” and the “Pro Scan”.
This device is just seven ounces in weight, and this means that it is one of the lightest and most compact models in the market or at least within its group. The compact form also makes it flexible to store and carry around the play field.
Despite the fact that the VPRO 500 is very light and made from a very strong material, it is also equipped with a padded case to protect it from any effects.
- You could carry it around a golf course easily.
- Have quick calculation and a friendly display.
- Use through a changing control and just one button.
- Pinpoint the flag accurately thanks to pin sensor technology.
- Do not affected by water or dust.
- Have several straps to hang on the shoulder or fasten to the bag.
- This device could not be used in bad weather conditions.
If you are a golf player who is looking for an exact distance to a specific target on the driving range or golf course, the NX7 pro Laser Rangefinder is probably the ultimate device with Pulse Vibration and Adaptive Slope Technologies.
The Pulse Vibration feature, along with the Target Acquisition Technology helps to make a quick pulse as locked on the target, which ensures an accurate distance to the target. On the other hand, the Adaptive Slope feature allows a golf player to adjust between tournament legal non-slope and elevation measuring slope.
When it comes to the design, this product is designed with an ergonomic form that would fit in your hand quite perfectly. In addition, you can play on the golf course confidently without being afraid that this device would be damaged by external elements thanks to a shock-proof and water resistant design.
With a NX7 Pro Laser Rangefinder, you will be able to play the best golf game with correct distance information to the trees, bunkers, flag, or the yard.
- Ergonomic design.
- Correct distance information.
- Shock proof and water resistant design.
- Slope and vibration feature.
- Good price.
- Quite slow at targeting.
The Golf rangefinder V3 version of Bushnell features latest technology called JOLT, which permits golf players to measure their accurate distance with every acquisition. This innovative technology, accompanied with latest ergonomic form, will gets rid of any questions about yardage and provides the accurate ranging distance performance from 5 to 1000 yards (more or less 300 yards to the flag)
In addition, the ergonomic and compact design of this version helps players to use and grip it comfortably as well as stably. Therefore, the Bushnell Tour V3 could significantly improve the effectiveness of their games.
The equipment is also equipped with useful devices, including a new premium carrying case and 3 V CR2 battery. Moreover, a vertical operation and distinct hand with 5x magnification (meaning that the objects will appear 5 times closer) and a 24 mm target offers the golf players accurate estimation by meter or yard.
Last but not least, the technology of pin seeker with SCAN function offers continually updated display of the LCD while you are moving across the landscape of the playing field.
- Locate a flagstick or striking a golf ball thanks to Pin Seeker technology.
- Data or information is easy to read and understand.
- Could zoom in 7 times to get a more clear display.
- Work for a wide variety of distances.
- Water-resistant cover for bad weather conditions.
- A modern technology for using under conditions with light.
- One of the most expensive models.
The Aculon version is the best types of rangefinder in small class. With an ultra - compact size (3.6 inch x2.9 inch x1.5 inch), this latest rangefinder changes the definition of “flexibility” and is compact enough to compare with most smart phones. And because it is only 4.4 oz in weight (not including batteries), the Aculon golf rangefinder is so light that you can hardly even realize it is there.
Using the Aculon golf rangefinder tends to be intuitive and only needs the easy push of a switch to get an immediate distance measuring. When the switch is held down, the golf rangefinder provides a continual estimation for up to 20s as you move across the visible site. The display is tidy and free of any unjustified obstructions so that you could focus on the thing that you are ranging.
Speed is a practical advantage which the Aculon golf rangefinder provides. As soon as the players push the switch, it offers a precise estimation from 6 yards to 550 yards. Estimation is simple to understand and is showed in one yard/meter increase. When seconds begin to count, you will have an immediate measurement with an accuracy that you could count on.
- Apply latest technology in laser rangefinder.
- Operate with high speed and great precision.
- Operate with high speed and great precision.
- Play effectively thanks to the data.
- A player can wear this tool on the neck or put in pocket.
- Small form and lightweight design, just 4.4 pounds.
- Have a highly friendly display without any obstructions.
- Takes about 20 seconds scroll to the visible part on the display.
- Turn off the display automatically after 8 idle seconds.
- Cost a lot of money to buy this.
- Take a lot of time to get used to its display and usage.
Why Should You Select Golf Rangefinder Watch At All?
- Have better understanding of the golf course: Generally speaking, a golf rangefinder is just like an expert who could tell you what you would probably require on the course.
Without those types of equipment, playing golf mainly depends on the player’s feeling and experience rather than the accuracy and effectiveness.
If players are playing with the new golf courses, then the shortage of familiarity could certainly take them to missed hits or shots and bring them precious strokes as well.
- Acquire knowledge of the yardage for any club: Some golf players find the rangefinder to have very useful help particularly when they have to do a challenging golf shot, for example in front of a bunker or over the water.
A rangefinder helps players to know how far you could precisely do every with your golf club. With a golf rangefinder, of course, golf players could map all of their clubs on the driving range, therefore they could improve the accuracy and boost the confidence particularly when they have to make real challenging shots.
- Offer precise measurements: The invention of laser golf rangefinder has paved the way for playing better golf games in that it offers higher accuracy when it comes to measuring distance.
By precise, this means that it does not just offer golfers with distance estimation between it and the next hazard or hole but also offer with useful details like how far players are from the target or a bunker.
It just basically answers the question of every golf player, that is “How far is it?”. This is definitely one of the great advantages of the laser golf rangefinder over the golf GPS watch because with a GPS watch you do not have the opportunity to shoot to each hazard and target.
- Provide user friendly operation: Golf players find the laser golf rangefinder to be really flexible and convenient to use.
Compared to other types of golf equipment, laser golf rangefinder would not need you to surf the internet and update the course file which you are going to play and then manually map it out. This definitely makes everything much easier for golf players particularly those who use a golf club better than a mouse.
- Offer affordable price: Due to the various advantages that it brings to the golf games, players will always believe that laser golf rangefinder is very expensive.
In fact, the truth is that many of them are even much less inexpensive than golf GPS watch and equipment. There are some versions of rangefinder which are sold for only less than 150 USD and it has already got several of the best characteristics a golfer will want to have for golf equipment.
Important Factor To Consider While Buying The Golf Rangefinder
- Maximum range of distance: Noticing the largest distance that a tool can estimate is also essential for a golf player since this determines how favorable it would be for him.
Most of them can estimate more than 500 yards, but the Tour V3 of Bushnell could cover up to 800 yards, which is much more than most other models in the market.
- Dimension and weight: You are probably going to move with your golf rangefinder around the map for couple of hours, and this would be very exhausting if it is heavy and bulky. The equipment should also perfectly be compact since this could also make it easier to move.
Considering size and dimension is essential, and if this is your main consideration, then you should choose a lightweight tool such as the 8397 aculon of Nikon.
- Ease of use: An experienced or professional golf player would have little trouble in using a rangefinder, but the same cannot be applied for new players. Some tools are rather complicated and convoluted, and they would give you a challenging time when you are on the green.
Thus, it is essential to buy and easy equipment such as the Coolshot 40i of Nikon, especially if you are a new player.
- Budget: When you go shopping for something, it is always essential to think of your budget, and so the golf rangefinder is similar. There are various choices to select and many famous brands that are available in the market, and you could be convinced of looking for something that you can pay.
Nevertheless, if you are buying something high-quality when shopping on a tight budget, you have to choose the VPRO500 of Tec Tec. It is a really efficient tool that could give you precise estimation for up to 600 yards.
- Customer review: Every knowledgeable golf players are aware of the significance of considering customer review when they are shopping for something. Those customer reviews enable you to have actual experience on what other golfers say about a tool before purchasing one.
Of course, you could find customer reviews on famous online commercial sites. By reading and considering them, you will learn and compare everything you want to know about any equipment.
All above is useful information for golf rangefinder so that any golf users could easily understand and then make the most suitable buying decision. Five equipment that we recommend for you are best version in their characteristics and very easy to use.
Therefore, a professional golfer or even a beginner could select any one of them based on his budget and enquiry. These golf rangefinders are perfect and excellent to use due to their incredible features so that you could buy any one of them.